- Revelation 22
- Isaiah 9:6-7
- Ephesians 1:1-14
Pray… that this year of reading will be the launchpad for a lifetime following Jesus.
Day 365 – Revelation & Eternity Future
Jesus Christ’s kingdom will last forever & ever & ever & ever…
- Well… we’ve made it! I’ll share some thoughts below, but first – it’s time for our regular study notes for today’s passages!
- How does Revelation end? Can you imagine being with God in this sort of way?
- How have Isaiah’s wonderful words of prophecy come true?
- There just aren’t the words to sum up the stunning message of the spiritual blessings that we have in Christ, but Paul made a fine attempt as he wrote the opening paragraphs of his letter to the Ephesians. They are fine words to bring down the curtain on our reading plan. There’s practically a sermon in every verse! If you rushed through it, eager to finish your reading for the year, go back and read them thoughtfully. Don’t worry, I’ll wait! I bet you’ll be amazed at how you can enjoy understanding them more than perhaps you would when you started this reading plan.
- Paul reminds us that God has blessed us in the heavenly places with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Just think about what that means. Our union with Jesus means we belong to Him, and we’ll live where He lives, and receive what He deserves: unending blessing. What reminder does Paul give that none of these blessings are because of anything that we have done ourselves?
- Paul also reminds us here, and in his other epistles, that no eye can see, no ear can hear and no heart can imagine all that God has stored up for those who love Him. This promise was given to us before we even had breath in our lungs. Before the foundation of the world, before we had done anything good or bad, Jesus predestined you for his family. This inheritance is rock solid. I rather hope that blows your mind!